5 signs you need new glasses
As you get older, your vision changes. This means that if you’ve been wearing the same eyewear for years, you’re likely due for an upgrade. Here are five signs that it’s time to get new glasses.
1. YOUR VISION IS A LITTLE BLURRY
If distant objects appear to be out of focus, or if you struggle to make out the words on a page even with your glasses on, you likely need a stronger prescription.
2. YOU GET FREQUENT HEADACHES
Even if you haven’t noticed a change in your vision, your eyes might be straining to see clearly. This can lead to eye fatigue and headaches.
3. YOUR EYES OFTEN FEEL ACHY
Tired, watery, itchy and dry eyes are all signs that your eyes might be working harder than normal to compensate for an outdated prescription.
4. YOU NEED TO SQUINT TO SEE
If you have the correct eyewear prescription, you shouldn’t need to squint to see clearly. While squinting improves the focus and clarity of your vision, it also causes eye strain.
5. YOUR GLASSES ARE DAMAGED Scratches on your lenses can impede your vision and lead to eye strain. Additionally, the arms of your glasses can stretch over time, causing them to no longer fit properly.
The best way to ensure you have the right prescription is to schedule an eye exam with your optometrist at least once a year.